Barbecue Shrimp - SOS Oyster Shells
A New Orleans classic, these Barbecue Shrimp are chargrilled and served on an SOS oyster shell.
Write a review
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) salted butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon dried whole-leaf thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried whole-leaf oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried whole-leaf sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 teaspoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Tablespoons beer
- 12 SOS® stainless steel oyster shells
- 24 peeled large fresh shrimp (16/20 count)
- Preheat outdoor BBQ pit or grill. In a small pot, melt 2 Tablespoons of the butter over medium-low heat. Add the thyme, oregano, sweet basil, black pepper, and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the Lea & Perrins and cook for 10 seconds. Add the beer and cook until the liquid reduces by about half, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the remaining softened butter. Whisk just until the butter melts into the seasoned liquid. Set aside.
- Place 3 shrimp into each SOS shell. Place the shells on the grill. Cook until the shrimp begin to turn pink on the outside, 4-5 minutes. Baste each shell with 1 Tablespoon of the seasoned butter mixture.
- Caution: The butter will flame up when added, which gives the shrimp a smoky flavor. Cook just until the shrimp are done, 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately.
SOS Stainless Steel Oyster Shells https://sosshells.com/