Eggplant Lasagna in SOS Shells
Layered eggplant, ricotta cheese mixture, and marinara sauce to create a bubbling eggplant lasagna individual SOS shells.
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium eggplants (about 2 pounds total ), sliced 5 inches lengthwise (about 24 slices total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cups grated mozzarella (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (1 1/2 ounces)
- 24 SOS Shells
- Spray SOS with non-stick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 450° F. Gently coat eggplant slices with olive oil. Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer in the SOS Shells. season with salt and pepper. Place SOS Shells on cookie sheet.
- Bake the eggplant, until soft and beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes; let cool. Reduce heat to 400° F.
- Spread the marinara sauce over the eggplant. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, ricotta, oregano, 1 cup of the mozzarella, and salt and pepper.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture on one end of a slice of eggplant and spread evenly. Layer and repeat with the remaining eggplant slices and ricotta mixture.
- Top the eggplant with the remaining cup of marinara sauce and the remaining cup of mozzarella. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
SOS Stainless Steel Oyster Shells https://sosshells.com/