Oysters grilled in the SOS steel oyster shell, basted with a delicious garlic butter mixture.
Write a review
- ¾ cup salted butter
- ¼ teaspoon dried whole-leaf thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried whole-leaf sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon dried whole-leaf oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 12 SOS® stainless steel oyster shells
- 36 shucked oysters
- 4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat outdoor BBQ pit or grill. In a small pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the thyme, basil, oregano, black pepper, and garlic. Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Place 3 oysters into each SOS® oyster shell. Place the oysters on the grill. As the oysters begin to heat up and cook, baste each oyster with 1 Tablespoon of the garlic butter mixture.
- Caution: The butter will flame up when added, which gives the oysters a smoky flavor.
- Sprinkle each shell with about 1 teaspoon of grated Parmesan. Cook until the oysters are curled and the cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately.
SOS Stainless Steel Oyster Shells https://sosshells.com/