Peppermint Bark Candy - SOS Shells
The SOS oyster shells are a great way to make this classic holiday candy. It creates a uniquely shaped bark that your family and friends will love.
Write a review
- 30 crushed peppermint hard candies, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds milk chocolate candy, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds white chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil-based peppermint flavoring, or to taste
- 24 SOS® stainless steel oyster shells
- Line 24 SOS with wax paper
- Spread 1/3 of the peppermint candy in the SOS lined with wax paper.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, just until melted. Pour the melted chocolate over peppermint candy in the prepared SOS. Sprinkle another 1/3 of the candy on top of the milk chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Stir in the oil-based peppermint flavoring. Pour the white chocolate over the milk chocolate, then spread the remaining 1/3 peppermint candy on top.
- Refrigerate until the white chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes. Lift candy out of SOS by the wax paper and peel away from chocolate.
- Substitute almonds for candy and substitute almond extract for peppermint extract to make almond bark.
SOS Stainless Steel Oyster Shells https://sosshells.com/