Sesame Cucumber Salad - SOS Oyster Shells
The SOS oyster shells make a great serving dish. This cucumber salad is served in chilled SOS oyster shells for a great presentation.
Write a review
- 2 medium sized cucumbers (about 1 lb total)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Freeze SOS Shells for 30 minutes
- Peel the cucumbers. Cut them into quarters, lengthwise. (If the seeds are bitter, scrape out the seeds and discard.) Cut the cucumbers again, crosswise, into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- Place cucumbers into a bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Toss with sesame oil, seasoned rice vinegar, and chili flakes. Spoon into SOS Shells and serve.
- Make sure your sesame oil is fresh and not rancid. These oils can go rancid after a few months. Do a taste test before adding to the cucumbers; if it tastes off, don't use. If you want you can sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on the cucumbers.
This Recipe uses SOS Oyster Shells, Purchase them here.
SOS Stainless Steel Oyster Shells https://sosshells.com/