Stuffed Crabs with Shrimp and Hollandaise Sauce
Crabmeat and Shrimp stuffed SOS oyster Shells. These are great with hollandaise sauce as an appetizer or by themselves.
Write a review
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 rib celery, chopped
- 3 green onions, tender green parts only, sliced thin
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 2 cups strong crab stock
- 1/2 loaf stale poor boy French bread, cut into cubes
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/2 lb. boiled shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Reserve 4 Tbs. butter. Heat the rest of it in a skillet until bubbling. Sauté the onions and celery until they begin to brown at the edges. Add the green onions, thyme, salt, pepper, and stock. Stir and bring to a light boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the bread and the bread crumbs and mix well. Allow to cool. Measure 2 1/2 cups of the bread mixture into a large bowl. Break it up with your fingers. Add the crabmeat and shrimp. Very gently combine the crabmeat and shrimp into the bread mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spoon the stuffing into shells. Melt the remaining butter and brush it over each stuffed crab. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes. They will not really brown, but they will start looking toasty.
SOS Stainless Steel Oyster Shells https://sosshells.com/